I turn 30 tomorrow.
I never thought I would make it to 20….let a lone 30. To be honest….I thought I would have killed myself by now. Every year in my “teens” was a battle…even when they were good. I remember being 14 and talking to a friend and saying “I’ll be dead by the time I am 30, no doubt.”….I still got a few hours so I guess I better be careful huh?? LOL
But my 20’s….oh my 20’s….
Again…age is nothing but a number but I look at these past 10 years and they have been the most prominent of my life.
I loved. I loved so hard. I loved so hard that I had to let go of that love before it ruined us both because we both had to grow. We both had to learn…and it wasn’t a lesson we could learn together, unfortunately.
I went against myself, in more ways than one. I battled demons and some fights I did not win. I learned more about my weaknesses in my 20’s than in any other decade. I learned that weaknesses can turn into something beautiful. I felt a connection to another energy that I still hold dear…it was a lesson…that I needed to learn.
That lesson somehow, someway, let me become a wife..something I *NEVER* thought I would be & wasn’t sure I wanted. I am the wife to a man who NEVER in a million years I thought I would go out on a date with…let alone spend the rest of my life with. But he is my everything. He has always been there…since I was 10 years old actually, lol…I just never knew he was “the one” until it was really my (our) time to know.
My 20’s were filled with success, a bit of “stardom” and a lot of ups and downs.
In my 20’s I (no particular order) :
- Lost a love
- Lost weight
- Gained a deep friendship
- Gained weight
- Lost a deep friendship
- Found L.O.V.E.
- Started a blog
- Lost A LOT of weight
- Went to NY to do a WW success story
- Went to Chicago to be on Oprah
- Was featured in local newspapers and news channels
- Weight Loss Story published in magazines, online, and in a book!
- Was a face in the Weight Watchers Believe campaign
- Had my own TV commercial
- Set up #SyracuseStrong which was “just a run” to help show support to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings…I invited 30 people….over 1000 showed up
- My heart learned to grow a little bigger and a little stronger when my stepson came into my life
- My mother went through massive brain surgery…the hardest thing I have had to watch and stay strong through to date (universe…that is NOT a challenge)
- I GOT MARRIED!!!!!!!!
- I found new friends…and I learned where some of my “friends” really stand (still learning this one)
- I gained all my weight back
- I ran my 1st 5K
- I ran my 1st 10K
- I ran my first (of many to come) 1/2 marathons
- I ran MY FIRST MARATHON!!
- I was a Weight Watchers leader
- I got high blood pressure
- I joined a Fantasy Football League…seriously
I am scared because my 20’s…even with all the ups and downs, the gains, the losses…my 20’s fucking ROCKED!!!!!!!
Will my 30’s compare?? What do I have to look forward to in my 30’s??
Did I reach my “peak”…is it just cruise control from here on…
I sure hope not.
Thank you for being with my during this time….here’s to the next chapter!!!! THIRTY BEERS FOR EVERYONE!!!!! XOXOXO