The weather has been too hot in the evenings for running. At least for me anyways. I’ve been trying to get out in the AM. Some mornings I am successful, others not so much.
This past Tuesday was one of them where I was not. But, I didn’t really want to take a rest day. Also, Tuesday was the day I could finally drink again (I did another 7-day beer/alcohol free cleanse) and I didn’t want to just go home and start pounding the beers back. OK…actually, I DID want to do that, but I know that’s a no-no good for me, so I chose to do this instead…..
I went to my very first Spinning Class. Or as I like to call it, the Vagina Massacre.
Yes folks, believe it or not, I have never been to a spin class before. In some ways I was scared. I’ve always heard about the butt kicking and sweat pouring and maybe in some ways I was worried I wouldn’t be fit enough for such a class. Kind of silly coming from someone who runs ½ marathons and is about to run a full huh??
I was ready….my lady business was not.
Did I enjoy the class though?? You bet your sore asses I did!! I don’t think I have EVER sweat so much in a class or even a workout for that matter (be careful what you wish for Suzi). The music was fun…it was a mix of new school beats with old school beats. We actually ended on Led Zepplin!! How awesome is that!? The instructor was super nice and she kicked our butts properly, but wasn’t all crazy military style (that type of training never appeals to me). That 1 hour class also earned me 11 APs (Weight Watcher Activity Points).
It was not scary at all!! I don't know why I let me fear of taking this class hold me back for so long. It's great because in a way, you control how hard you push yourself. And somedays, that is just what we need...a good challenge amoungst ourself!!
Let this be a healthy message & reminder to not let fear stand in your way of doing something that you really want to do.
So will I be going back again next Tuesday?? Of course!! As long as spinning doesn’t start to interfere with my sex life, I will be going regularly. Maybe this time I will bring a gigantic sanitary pad with me to stuff in my shorts. :/
Something's to Mention:
- A couple of weeks back I did a Podcast with the amazing Christina and her Husband Jerry. They run an amazing site called Miles4Kids. I had such a blast talking with them...for the 2nd time, hee hee. The first time we taped, the record button wasn't working. It just made the 2nd time around all that more fun!! You can listen to my episode here.
- This past week was the first week in a very, VERY long time that I tracked EVERY day of the week AND I tracked EVERYTHING I ate and drank!! I also earned 42 AP's for the entire week!! Let's be honest, tracking can be hard sometimes. Especially hard to keep it consistent and I find it harder to do that when at my goal weight.
- I have not forgotten about the Vlog!! Thank you SO much to everyone who left a question in the comments or sent me an email. I got a lot of great questions and I have put them all together. Looks like there will be more than one vlog post coming up :) Now it's just finding the time & a quiet spot to do it.
- A few readers and Twitter followers asked me where I got the grey t-shirt with the runner on the front that I was wearing in my previous Boilermaker recap post. It is from Generation UCAN and it can be purchased here. When you buy this cool tshirt you also give back to the M.E.B (Maintain Excellent Balance) Foundation!!
- I'm currently working on a side blog that will be beer related!! I am super stoked for this. It's called 'Pints & Pumps' and it will focus on women, beer, and healthy living. I hope to get it up and running by next week and I hope everyone enjoys it.