I got an email recently from a fabulous blog reader Christina...she told me a story where she said she was out running (well she said walk/jogging…I’m saying she was running damnit!) and how she was gasping for air, wanting to quit. But then she thought about me and well folks, how many damn times have I talked about gasping for air while running?? A LOT. But this kept her focused and motivated to keep going.
As some of you know, I’ve been in a little running “funk” lately. Most of my runs have been around 3 miles…no long runs, no speed work, no PUSHING myself other than to get to the 3 miles because after my ½ marathon last year I started a mantra that anything less than 3 miles doesn’t count (Thanks Melanie!).
• My body *physically* has pains & hurts
• Weather is getting too hazardous
• Running out of time
• Got ran over by a zebra
- I've actually met my distance or time goal
VERY, VERY infrequently.
Now….how many times do I stop running because of these reasons:
• I think my legs hurt
• I think my body is being taken over by snot
• I think I’m too tired
• I think I gotta get home and do “stuff”
• I think it’s too windy or cold out
• I think I don’t want to over do it
• I think I’m done
• I think there’s a zebra coming after me
• I think I’m thinking too much
Whats the *real* reason why I'm stopping??