So since I can longer publicly praise myself weekly for weight loss, I can praise myself publicly for being just plain awesome! I guess I will title these posts “Off The Scale”…
- I tracked ALL of my food. Every BLT (bite,lick,taste!) I tracked all 7 days and this was probably the first time in over 2 weeks that I had done so. I didn’t track my beers but I will work on adding them back in. Here’s a snap shot of my week: Now, I show a lot of points left on some days, as well as 48 weeklys and all my AP’s left…but considering I drank about a 6-12 pack of beer a night, we now that’s not 100% truth. That’s *only food* you see up there.
- I’ve been having some issues with running at a slower pace these past couple of months (I know, you want to smack me). I almost feel like if I run anything under a 10:00 minute pace that I’m slacking and not working hard enough(aaaand now you want to punch me). I find this HILARIOUS because honestly people, it was only a few months ago where I was begging to run around a 12:00 minute/mile pace! I average around a 9:30 pace now and that is because I was patient and persistent! I’ve never rushed into anything with my running and I think that’s why I’ve been able to keep injuries low and motivation strong! WELL…I proclaimed on Twitter last Monday that I WAS going to make myself do a long, slow run. It had been a while since I threw a long run in and I knew I needed one. So that’s exactly what I did! On Monday I ran 10 miles at a pace of 10:18. Here my Nike+ snapshot: I also watched the first hour of ‘Julie & Julia’ during this run on my iPod. Watching a movie about food while you run is kind of like self-torture.
- Well since I ran “slow” I had to run FAST right?!?!?!! You bet your asses I did. And fast is just what I did…I ran my fastest pace (and 5K apparently, which was 26’52”) yet! I ran a pace of 8:38 /mile!!!!! Holy shit balls!! I ran 3.5 miles in 30:13. That’s INSANE! Here’s the snapshot for proof: Please note that my calories burned is off a bit. I keep forgetting to update my weight. This run really made me feel like a super star though. My Dr. (who has ran the NYC & Boston Marathons…over 300+ marathons total. He’s fucking nuts) has been telling me that I can get down to running 8:00 or under pace. I thought he was even more nuts when he said this, but maybe he is right.
- I signed up for my next half marathon!!!! I am doing the Buffalo Half Marathon on May 29th with the amazing Jenn from NYC!! I am *super* excited for this. I’m excited to be running my 2nd half marathon and going into it with a better idea of what's in store. But I’m also super excited for Jenn because this will be her 1st half and I am so happy that I can help to be part of it!! I told her that even if I have to drag her ass across the finish line, she’s crossing it!! Frankie will be coming with us to help drive our tired asses back to the ‘Cuse!
- @BabyWeightMFA featured me on her Marvelous Monday blog post! You can see the post here! Thank you *so* much again Michele! It really wan an honor and I enjoyed being part of your fabulous blog!
- And last but not least…my favorite accomplishment of the week…I filled out my Weight Watchers employment application!!!! After speaking with my leader Thursday night and learning what I needed to do, I went online and filled out the form. The next day I had to take an online questionnaire which was timed and was a bit nerve racking. I felt like the questions either made you sound like a stuck up snob or a sissy. I was so nervous that I forgot what the definitions to some of the words were…like ‘empathetic’. Seriously?! Oh well. I feel like I answered the questions honestly and that I did alright. My leader told me to not discouraged if I don’t hear anything right away and that it can take some time. Especially right now since it’s the beginning of the new year and they are swamped…especially with the new program. I am excited to learn more about this amazing opportunity. Of course, I am bit scared too but that’s only natural.
Oh, by the way, I haven't forgotten about the Shake-Weight review. I got pretty sick with the flu around Christmas time and I wasn’t doing it regularly. I kind of slacked on doing it this week as well, so I’m going to try and get back into the groove and right up my report.
Have a great week everybody!!