I’ve spent the past week thinking about 2010. Wow…what a year it has been! I think I can officially say that it has been the best year of my life in many ways. I accomplished *SO* much…much more than I ever had any other year. I set out to embark on a list of “goals” for 2010 & to my own amazement I conquered all the ones that were truly important to me.
• I lost another 50 lbs! .4 ounces shy of hitting the 100 lbs lost mark with Weight Watchers, but knowing what my weight was 2 months before going back to the meetings officially, it’s 109 lost total.
• On September 19th, 2010 I ran my very first ½ marathon! I ran the entire course & completed it in 02:31:46
• On October 9th, 2010 I ran in the Hometown Hero’s 5K run and I ran my very first official sub-30 race! I finished in 29:10:42. I came in 6th out of 14 in my age group…that’s crazy!
That’s some pretty heavy stuff to accomplish in just a years time. There were so many new and exciting things I tried (foods, workouts, clothes) and while sometimes it was scary to break out of the mold I had been building around myself for so many years, I broke free of it and let myself become the person I truly wanted to be, all the while never letting myself change the roots of who I really am.
So what now?? I’ve been reading all of these amazing Tweets & Blog posts about what’s in store for 2011 and all these resolutions and goals that are being made.
But what do I have to get excited about in 2011 when 2010 was such an amazing year?!?!
I was sitting on the couch with my BFF Kimberly last week while she was visiting and she asked me “have you set goals for 2011 yet?” and I said to her, “no, I think I just want to be.”….how fucking lame is that?!? I just want “to be”…what the hell does that even mean?? And Suzi, how the hell do you go from being a rock star in 2010 to becoming a bathroom attendant in 2011 (I mean no disrespect to any of you who are bathroom attendants by the way)….the answer is, YOU DON’T! This was the conversation/argument I had with myself in my head as soon as I uttered those words to her.
Sure, I don’t have so many BIG goals like losing another 50 lbs or working my way up the Weight Watchers member success ladder (I’m already at the top baby!), but I still have a few big things I would like to accomplish as well as little things. Those little things will add up to the overall picture of who I am and they should count just as much!
I haven’t sat down and made a concrete list yet of what I will work on in 2011, but there are a few of things I know I *will* be doing in 2011:
• I’m sure many of you remember my post about my decision to run a full marathon in 2011. Well as of today I am officially registered! On October 2nd, 2011 I *WILL* be running 26.2 miles :)
• As I stated above, I’m .4 ounces away from getting the 100 lb washer at Weight Watchers. I’d like to lose .4 to make my 100 lbs that I’ve lost “official”.
• Maintain my weight. This doesn’t sound as glamorous or as exciting as losing weight is, but I think it just might be the hardest part. It will take some getting used to & there are sure to be many ups & downs (on the scale & off I’m sure) but I’m determined to stay below my goal weight for my once a month weigh-ins!
• Run at least 1, if not 2 half marathons before the big full one in October.
• Run a 10K in 60 minutes or under. I’ve only done one 10K race ever & I wasn’t in the best shape & came in around 70 minutes. I run much faster now than I did then.
• Get into the corporate side of Weight Watchers. For the last ½ of the year my leader talked to me about working for Weight Watchers & about how I would be an amazing leader. This is something that my meeting members have also expressed to me so I am really interested in pursuing this. Of course, it will have to be part time because I’m pretty sure I couldn’t make a living doing only Weight Watchers, but if I could, man…that would be amazing!
So maybe to me it doesn’t seem like I have so many goals that seem crazy monumental or anything, but that’s just being silly. I’m running a FULL marathon in 2011! I’m working on MAINTAING my new weight in 2011! Those *are* big goals & they ones to be celebrated just as much as losing weight was.
I don’t know if I can make 2011 any better than 2010, but I do know that I can work on making it just as good! Whether your goal is to run a full marathon, a half marathon or just finally finish that damn Yoga DVD all the way through, it is a goal you should cherish and work really hard for! It is these accomplishments that matter & shape us into the individuals we want to be!
So lets all make 2011 a *GREAT* year together!!
I almost forgot to state what is probably my most important goal for 2011…drinking lots of beer of course! That’s a resolution that I never forget about ;)