I don’t have the secret recipe to losing weight. If I did I would be paying someone right now to write this blog post and I would be lying out on the deck of a yacht (does that make sense? I know nothing about yachts or boats) drinking myself an ice cold Bud Select 55 all the while laughing at all you suckers who are reading this while your at work (HI BOSS!).
Anywho…There are some things that I live by and just do on a regular basis so I decided to just throw some of the ideas that came across my mind into this here list to share with you all…Enjoy!
- Drink your H20!! Seriously people, at first it won’t seem like it makes much of a difference…until a couple months down the road when you go a day without drinking at least 20 ounces. I have a SIGG water bottle which I fill up at work at least 4 times a day. The bottle hold 1.0L (so about 34 ounces
- Keep staple foods in your house. There are some items that I always make sure are around. Items like: Arnolds Multigrain Thins, Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, beer, baby carrots, light ranch, 100 calorie almond packs, lean deli meats (turkey & ham), eggs, reduced fat cheese slices for sandwiches, beer, at least 1 can of Progresso Light Soup, a bag of Alexia brand fries in the freezer, oatmeal, beer. With these items I know that I can always make a sandwich and have some soup & a beer… and that’s the meal that keeps on giving folks.
- Keep salads fun and exciting! Some people might gasp when they hear that I still put cheese, bacon bits, eggs & creamy dressing on my salad…but I don’t care! I’m not about to eat a bunch of dry leaves. That’s just not going to satisfy me and one thing I really believe it…If it’s not going to satisfy you then why eat it. Instead I found healthier options of those goodies. Like Cabot 50% (they even sell a 75%) reduced fat brick of sharp cheese which I dice up into cubes and then weigh out the 1 oz portion on my handy dandy Weight Watchers electronic food scale. I found Hormel 50% reduced fat real bacon crumbles (1 pt for 1 tbsp) that I use sometimes. I use light ranch dressing. Fat free is just gross!! But ranch dressing is something I would never and could never give up. Oh, and I also add chick peas!!
- Give yourself a damn day off!! This is probably my #1 advise, honestly. Also I’m pretty sure that it will be the #1 thing that when I start working for Weight Watchers, they will tell me to not say LOL. But seriously….I have always given myself that “one day”. Usually for me, it’s Friday or Saturday…of hell, sometimes even both! Sometimes I chose to track what I eat & drink on these days and sometimes…GASP…I do not!! OMG, how do I survive right??
- Pick your food battles. For example…My ramen soup battle Wednesday night. It’s 8 pts for one package of Ramen Chicken Noodle Soup. I was craving it! So I made it, took two bites & said this is *SO* not worth it. It’s not that it tasted bad cause everyone loves a little “crack head soup” every now and then, but the salt was just too much for me. Especially for a night before weigh-in. So instead I made a can of Progresso Light Italian meatball soup (2.5 pts), a turkey (1) bacon (1 pt…used 1 tbsp of those bacon pieces) cheddar (1 pt, I used 1 slice of rf) melt on a piece of wonder smart white bread (1 pt for 2 slices) and a can of Coors Light (2 pts). So for an extra ½ a point I got to have MORE food & a can of beer, compared to one measly package of Ramen noodle soup.
- 5 days too much to workout? I gotcha. You’re not the “athletic gym-going” type. I gotcha. Work out 3 days a week then and stop making excuses. Do something. Anything. Don’t like walking on a treadmill…try treadmill dancing. Of course I have a treadmill in my bedroom so it’s not as embarrassing as doing it in the public place but jam out those tunes and start walk-dancing away!! Don’t want to hop on a piece of equipment (Oh boy!...who doesn’t want to hop on a piece of equipment ;) well then pick up a workout DVD! Don’t want to do a workout dvd….clean your house. House already clean? Mess it up and clean it again! There is NO excuse for not getting up and moving a little bit more than usual for ATLEAST 30 minutes, 3 days a week.
- Cheese lovers…if you are like me you can’t bring a brick of cheese into the house without eating it all in one sitting, I have an alternative that works sometimes. Buy some Townhouse reduced fat crackers, take one serving (6 crackers for 1 pt) and take one wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese (1 pt) and VOILA! Cheese & crackers….sorta. You’ll still end up eating a brick of cheese sometimes, but with this light swap it will happen a lot less often.
NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER BACK DOWN! NEVER QUIT!